1. If you want to apply to become a beneficiary, the applicant must be fulfilled the eligibility for one of the following categories:
A. living in a subdivided unit* in adverse conditions《*2016 Population By-census - Thematic Report : Persons Living in Subdivided Units》,
B. the subdivided unit located in a building within CLP electricity supply,
C. no individual CLP electricity account created for the subdivided unit.
The beneficiary of all categories must be a Hong Kong resident for not less than one year; and have resided in Hong Kong for at least one year since acquiring the Hong Kong resident status. Those holding visas or recognizance forms issued by the Immigration Department are not eligible subsidy programme.
2. Individual application(s) is /are not accepted under Power Connect Program. And all applicant must be nominated by the Power Connect partnered Non-Government Organization (“NGO”) within the application period.
3. CLP Power Hong Kong Ltd. (“CLP Power”) does not require the beneficiaries to provide their personal data, and all data is provided voluntarily to NGO. However, CLP Power may not be able to process the application if any of the following beneficiary’s information is missing:
And all beneficiary must read the NGO’s “Personal Information Collection Statement”.
4. CLP Power and relevant NGOs have the right to conduct comprehensive checking of relative information provided by the applicant. And should ensure all information submitted are true, complete and accurate. Applicants agree to authorize the NGO to disclose relative information to CLP Power for handling the application.
5. CLP Power will deposit the subsidy to the CLP electricity account number (category 1-3) or bank account (category 4) provided in the application. Beneficiary understands and agree that CLP Power shall not be responsible for any agreement made between the beneficiary and any third party.
6. If the beneficiary needs to change the submitted personal information (include: Application category, HKID, supporting document and number, CLP electricity account number or registered name, bank account number or bank account holder name) before the subsidy is released. Beneficiary MUST IMMEDIATELY INFORM the responsible NGO. The original application will then be cancelled, and the beneficiary needs to resubmit a new application. Otherwise, the subsidy may not be issued due to incorrect information. In this circumstance, the relevant subsidy shall not be re-issued.
7. CLP Power may conduct a site visit to the residential address provided within 12 months after the application approved.
8. If the beneficiary knowingly or wilfully makes any false statement or conceal any fact, or makes any duplicate application, CLP Power have the right to cancel the application of that beneficiary and all non-issued subsidy. The disbursed subsidy will be fully recovered through the CLP electricity account or returned to the issued subsidy by the beneficiary. The beneficiary will also be liable for the relevant legal liabilities.
9. If CLP Power is not capable of running as planned for reasons including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other causes beyond the control of CLP Power, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this programme, CLP Power reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
10. All application must be reviewed by CLP Power. Even if the application is submitted there may not be subsidized due to the quota full.
11. The application may be rejected if this application fails to fulfil the requirements of this programme.
12. The beneficiary must be a residential customer living within the supply area of CLP Power. ONLY ONE application will be accepted from the same CLP electricity account number. If the beneficiary owns more than one CLP electricity account or more than one application submitted with the same address, it would only act as ONE application. A beneficiary can only apply once in each programme year, duplicated application will be rejected.
13. The quota allocation of application of categories 1-3 will be affected by the following conditions:
(Past years application results will affect the ranking of application in this year. As such, CLP and NGOs may check the application history of the applicants for follow-up and assessment.)
14 The English version of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail in case of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions.
15. CLP Power reserves the absolute right to approve or decline any application under Power Connect Programme, and reserves the right to conduct any adjustment on terms and conditions any notifications.
We appreciate your feedback which helps us to constantly improve our site. Please rate your experience.
System error. Please try again later.
For any other comments, email us