Eco Points are now replaced as Domeo Points! Domeo (which is run by CLPe Commerce Limited) is CLP’s service provider for operating the Domeo Reward programme. Under this new reward programme, the original Eco Points will be converted to Domeo Points. The terms and conditions of this programme would be applied as followings:
Terms and Conditions updates:
(i) Effective from 1st March 2023:
- Participants must be: Residential users within the power supply network of CLP Power Company Limited (hereinafter referred to as "CLP");
Non-residential account and the units is/are not used for normal Residential purposes, for example: the unit is owned by the developer, commercial purposes, or public service, etc. will not be eligible to participate in this programme, and CLP has the right to terminate and suspend the points earned.
- Customers can link to maximum 10 CLP online accounts to a Domeo account. Customers will be needed to create a new Domeo account if you wish to link more than 10 CLP accounts.
- Domeo Points started to be distributed instead of Eco Points. Customers can refer to Earn Eco Points webpage for how to earn Domeo Points.
- Eligible residential account customers currently living within the supply area of CLP Power and Power Connect customers would be eligible for earning Domeo Points from linkage the CLP online account to Domeo account. (CLP employees and non-residential CLP customer can only linkage Domeo account but are not eligible to earn points).
- Starting from 1st March 2023 until 31st August 2023, customers who have linked their CLP online account with a Domeo account, all Eco Points saved at that CLP online account will be automatically converted into Domeo Points on a 1:1 ratio.
- Customers who have done the linkage between CLP online account and Domeo account on or before 28th February 2023, all Eco Points would be auto converted into Domeo Points on a one-time basis on 1st March 2023.
- The expiry date for the converted points after the linkage between CLP online account and Domeo account will be automatically extended to the next nearest quarter end (i.e. 31st March, 30th June, 30th September, 31st December. e.g. The original expiry date of the converted points is 30th May 2023, it will automatically extend to 30th June 2023.)
- For the expiry dates of newly earned Domeo Points during this period, customer may refer to the Domeo Terms and conditions for more details.
- For the CLP accounts which have not yet linked to a Domeo account, all Eco Points saved will still be retaining until 31st August 2023.
- If the account is moved out, the linkage between Domeo account and CLP online account will be automatically removed. However, if the CLP online account already linked with Domeo account, those points earn already existing on Domeo platform will be retained until expired. The move out CLP account will not be eligible for earning any Domeo points.
(ii) For unlinked CLP online account customer, and do not open the Domeo account on or before 31 Aug 2023:
- All those eco points / Domeo points that has been temporary stored under his /her account will be forfeited.
- No more earning of points (even if performed / completed any earn point task), until a Domeo Account is opened and linked.
- CLP Power has absolute discretion to determine the eligibility of a customer to participate in this Scheme.
- CLP Power is not obliged to enter into any correspondence with any party on any matter related to this Scheme.
- CLP Power may disclose and/or publish the partial name of the customers and partial CA Number in accordance with the Personal Information Collection Statement annexed hereinafter in any mode and manner as CLP Power at its sole discretion deems appropriate for publicity purposes. CLP Power reserves the right to invite customers to attend event(s) for publicity and/ or promotion purposes under their consent.
- Regarding any dispute arising from Eco Rewards, Domeo Reward Programme and the redemption, the decision of CLP Power and its partners shall be final and binding.
- CLP Power shall not be responsible for any matters or disputes relating to the offers provided by the respective merchants. The respective merchants are solely responsible for all warranties, obligations and liabilities in relation to such products or services.
- If, for any reason, CLP Power is not capable of conducting this Scheme as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other causes beyond the control of CLP Power, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Scheme, CLP Power reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available and appropriate.
- To the extent that any provision of these terms and conditions is unenforceable or is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- CLP Power has the absolute right to amend, delete or supplement any of these terms and conditions in its sole discretion, and to change, suspend or terminate this Scheme at any time without giving prior notice to the customers in its sole discretion.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Hong Kong and customers irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong.
- To the extent permitted by law, CLP Power shall not be responsible for any loss, damages, or liability (whether direct, indirect or otherwise), including but not limited to any loss of income, profit or reputation, arising in any way out of: (1) any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem in any computer, internet network or system, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other causes beyond the control of CLP Power, (2) any shortage or inadequacy of any third party-service, (3) any notice or correspondence which is misdirected, delayed, altered or lost in the information transmission or otherwise.
- Customers understand and agree that (a) any material to be downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of this Scheme is accessed at customers’ own discretion and risk, and customers will be solely responsible for any damage to customers’ computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material; (b) Any advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by customers from the Domeo eShop or through or from the service shall not create a warranty unless otherwise state in the terms and conditions.
- The English version of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail in case of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions.
- CLP Power may send direct marketing information to customers upon receipt of customers’ consent. If customers do not want to receive any direct marketing information, they should advise CLP Power by contacting our Data Protection Officer on 2678 2678 or emailing to [email protected].
- All eligible customers must ensure that all information provided should be true, accurate, complete and update, and promptly keep the information true, accurate, complete and update without any fraud on submission of personal data, or false submission of personal data of others. Customers shall be responsible for any loss, damage or liability arising out of or in connection with any fraud on submission of personal data, or false submission of personal data of others, and indemnify and hold CLP Power and the relevant party harmless for any loss, damage, claim arising out of or in connection with any fraud on submission of personal data, or false submission of personal data of others.
- If customers provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate or omitted, or CLP Power has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate or omitted, CLP Power has the absolute right to suspend or terminate the customers’ use of this Scheme and its related benefits, and the customers will not be entitled to all current or future use of this Scheme (or any portion thereof).
- CLP Power may at its sole discretion to suspend or terminate this Scheme and related benefits to the customers if customers commit misconduct, fraud, misuses of this Scheme benefits and offers in any way with unacceptable content (including any content that incites hatred or discrimination, whether racial, social or political, or any unlawful, harmful, threating, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory or otherwise objectionable content), or fail to comply with these terms and conditions.
- CLP Power may terminate any customers’ participation and any use of this Scheme immediately without prior notice if it is of the reasonable opinion that the customers have already violated these Terms and Conditions.
- CLP Power may, at its absolute discretion, terminate or suspend this service or its any part without prior notice. In the event that this service is terminated or suspended under this clause, CLP Power will terminate or delete all customers’ account under this Scheme and all related information immediately.
- In the event that any termination or suspension made under this Clause, all Eco Points and related entitlements (both current and unused) will be cancelled without compensation.
Earning Domeo Points
- Customers can earn points through participating in Power Connect or other events in CLP Power. For details, please refer to Power Connect earn point strategy page.
- CLP Power has the absolute right to change, update, and amend Domeo Point earning mechanism without prior notice. CLP Power may timely review Domeo Point earning mechanism.
- No alteration, withdrawal or cancellation is allowed once a redemption transaction is confirmed.
- In the event that the customer’s account or Domeo Points is lost or stolen, CLP Power will not be responsible or liable for the loss of points or benefits.
- Domeo Points cannot be transferred or for sale or exchanged for cash, discount and /or in kind unless expressed in any specific redemption activity.
- Any sale or barter of Domeo Points or other correlated benefits is prohibited and will result in the forfeiture of all Domeo Points and the termination of user right. The customers shall indemnify and hold CLP Power and the merchants harmless from any liability and claims resulting from selling or bartering of Domeo Points or other programme benefits.
- Customers who engage in fraudulent to obtain benefits or Domeo Points are resulted to immediate cancellation or suspension of all related Eco Points or benefits without prior notice.
- CLP Power reserves the right in its sole discretion to change, suspend or terminate the Domeo Points and the terms at any time without prior notice.
Redemption terms and conditions
- Eligible CLP Residential customers who have Domeo Points can redeem gifts/services in the following way:
- Redeem Domeo points from Domeo eShop
- Eligible CLP residential customers can process the redemption of rewards from CLPe
- Eligible CLP residential customers can process the redemption of rewards from CLPe Commerce Limited (“CLPeC”), a service provider of CLP Power and a wholly owned subsidiary company of CLP Group. For details of the terms and conditions of reward redemption and product purchase orders, please click here.