Purpose of Collection
CLP may use the personal data you provide for the below purposes:
- to supply you with services, facilities, goods and offers provided from us or our agents and merchants (including functions of our websites);
- to process, maintain and/or manage any user account with us;
- to verify your identity before processing any request from you;
- to respond to and follow up on your enquiries or complaints;
- to process billing, payments and sales orders (including verifying your payment details);
- to carry out activities (including our loyalty and reward programmes, prize draws, games, events and/or competitions) which you have entered;
- to maintain, update and/or process records of activities you have entered (including warranty, delivery services, rewards and offers provided to you, and loyalty and/or rewards points accumulated and redeemed);
- to communicate with you;
- to provide energy services, hints and tips on energy conservation;
- to provide you with a better personalised experience in respect of our website, mobile applications, products and/or services;
- to conduct customer survey, research and statistical analysis for better understanding of your needs, as well as designing or improving our goods or services;
- to conduct aggregated behavioural analysis; and/or
- subject to your prior consent to do so, to conduct direct marketing activities (including making appeals for non-profit organisations that may or may not be related to CLP).
You are not required to provide the personal data requested. However, CLP may not be able to provide our products and/or services to you (e.g. process your applications / requests / purchases / participations / reward or redemption of loyalty points / enquiries and/or complaints) unless you provide the personal data specified as “compulsory”.
Transfer of Personal Data
If necessary, for any of the purposes stated above, CLP may transfer your personal data to third parties, including:
- co-organisers that assist in executing the activities under this thematic website;
- banks, credit card companies and payment platforms which are offering payment services to CLP for facilitating CLP’s services that you have received;
- agents, service providers, merchants (including but not limited to mailing houses, telecommunication companies, call centres, data processing companies and cloud service providers) engaged by CLP for any of the purposes stated above; and/or
- related CLP companies, including subsidiaries and affiliated companies within the CLP Group in Hong Kong.
CLP will disclose personal data when required to do so by law and may also disclose such personal data in response to requests from law enforcement agencies or regulatory authorities.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
You have a right to request access to, the correction and erasure of, your personal data in accordance with, where applicable, the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486), and any other data protection law as applicable. Requests for access, correction and/or erasure of personal data, as well as withdrawal of consent, where applicable, should be by letter or email and addressed to the Personal Data Officer of CLP at [email protected].
Unless specified otherwise, references to "CLP" and the "CLP Group" shall mean CLP Holdings Limited, its subsidiaries and affiliates.