Apply for change of load (Residential)

You can apply for change of load to meet your electricity needs.

To change of load for your property, you need to:

  • Apply for change of load
  • Arrange for installation work by a registered electrical contractor (REC)

How to apply

If you have a CLP online account, you can apply for change of load. Otherwise, please set up your online account first. If your property does not have electricity supply, please apply for electricity first.

Before you apply

You must:

  • Receive rising mains agreement (PDF) from building management office or owner of rising mains;
  • Consult your registered electrical contractor (REC);
  • Prepare your REC’s contact information;
  • Prepare your meter loading needs (1 or 3-Phase and Ampere)

What happens next

Confirmation letter

You should receive your confirmation by mail in around 1 week. Please contact us by email [email protected] if you need to make any changes.

To serve you better, please quote your service order number for inquiry (shown in the confirmation letter).

Rising mains agreement

Once you submitted your application, please submit your rising mains agreement by email [email protected] within one month. We can only process your application once we receive your rising mains agreement.

Electrical installation inspection

Please book an appointment for electrical installation inspection once you have the estimated completion date for your installation work.

Back to top