Learn the terms and conditions related to CLP’s Power Connect programme.
By entering the Programme, participants are deemed to have understood the method of participation, the details of the Programme, and accepted the following terms and conditions:
Eco Points are now replaced as Domeo Points! Domeo (which is run by CLPe Commerce Limited) is CLP’s service provider for operating the Domeo Reward programme. Under this new reward programme, the original Eco Points will be converted to Domeo Points. The terms and conditions of this programme would be applied as followings:
Terms and Conditions updates:
(i) Effective from 1st March 2023:
(ii) For unlinked CLP online account customer, and do not open the Domeo account on or before 31 Aug 2023:
Earning Domeo Points
Redemption terms and conditions
By entering the “Power Connect- Eco Fun”, participants are deemed to have understood the method of participation, the details of the Programme, and accepted the following terms and conditions:
1. For CLP residential customers only (non-residential customers are not eligible to play).
2. Domeo Points will be distributed to those active residential customer who linked with CLP account and Domeo account only. Domeo Points will not be distributed after the account is moved out.
3. The Domeo Points earned from the game will only be credited to the corresponding Domeo account.
4. Only CLP Power Connect customers are eligible to join this activity, CLP customers who join this activity will automatically join Power Connect Programme (Details please refer to the Terms and Conditions of Power Connect).
5. All elements in “Eco Fun” game including the planting time, appearance and scene are virtual and inconsistent with reality.
6. The Domeo Points displayed in the game interface are only applicable the game only. The actual Domeo Points will be credited to the corresponding Domeo account immediately.
7. For the details of Domeo and Domeo Points, please click here for more.
8. CLP staff can play “Eco Fun” game, but not eligible for point redemption.
9. In the event if CLP POWER, in its reasonable opinion, suspect or think that any participant tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, the participant will be disqualified.
10. If any of these Terms and Conditions becomes or is declared illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such Terms and Conditions shall not affect the legality, validity and enforceability of the other Terms and Conditions.
11. To the extent permitted by law, CLP POWER will not be liable to any person for any loss (including direct, indirect or other reasons, including but not limited to loss of income, profit or reputation) damage, liability, or personal injury arising from the plan.
12. The English version of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail in case of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions.
13. Regarding any dispute arising from the Programme, CLP POWER reserves the right to make final and binding decisions.
14. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Hong Kong. CLP POWER and the participants agree to irrevocably submit the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong.
15. For any controversial issues, CLP POWER and Business Partners reserve the right to make final decision.
16. The deadline is based on the server record: http://www.clp.com.hk
17. CLP POWER reserves rights to modify the Terms and Conditions anytime without any prior notification.
18. Domeo (which is run by CLPe Commerce Limited) is CLP’s service provider for operating the Domeo Reward programme.
1.Participants should be: residential customers living within the supply area of CLP POWER (non-residential customers are not eligible to participate in this programme).
2.How to Participate: (1) Download CLP app to login and bind your CLP online account; OR (2) Join Power Connect Activity; OR (3) Purchase related products or services from "Domeo eShop"
3.Energy Saving Reward: (Only available for customers with valid Account number . Please refer to the table below for details.)
Bi-monthly Saving Reward
Whit electricity usage date on or before 1st January of last year
All years round
Summer Saving Reward
Whit electricity usage date on or before 1st July of last year
On or before 24th September
Annual Saving Reward
Whit electricity usage date on or before 1st January of last year
All years round
Remarks: For those account not existing the eligible electricity consumption for comparison would not entitled to join "Bi-monthly saving reward", "Summer saving reward" and "Annual saving reward".
The period is based on the 2 months period of each bill, electricity consumed by each household* during that 2 months in the current year will be compared to that consumed by the same household during the same 2 months in last year (compare by average daily electricity consumption unit). For example, the electricity bill of March-April 2020 compares to that of March-April 2019. When participants successfully saved consumption, 200 Domeo Points will be awarded. The reward will start right after the activation (counting by the billing date)
The period is within 1 July – 31 August of each year, the electricity consumption of each household* during this period will be compared with the consumption of the same period in last year (compared by average daily electricity consumption unit). The consumption of the account must be under continuous and normal situation#. For all qualified participants of reducing energy consumption, the top 200 households^ with the highest percentage of energy saving will be awarded 50,000 Domeo Points.
The period is calculated yearly on 1 January to 31 December and the electricity consumption by each household* within this year will be compared to their consumption of last year (compared by average daily electricity consumption unit). The consumption of the account must be under continuous and normal situation#. For all qualified participants of reducing energy consumption, top 1 to 100 households^ with the highest percentage of energy saving will be awarded 80,000 Domeo Points while top 101 to 1,000 households^ with the highest percentage of energy saving will be awarded 500 Domeo Points.
*CLP POWER Staff would not be eligible to enjoy the above reward.
#According to past data analysis, the continuous and normal situation in general usage meant the electricity consumption per bill is above 60 kWh. Therefore, if the average consumption of the account that incurred equivalent to or less than 60kWh consumption in any electricity bill, the account will not able to participate in Summer Saving Reward and Annual Saving Reward.
^The final saving value calculation of the Summer Saving Reward and the Year-round Saving Reward will be accurate to the 6 decimal places, and if there are the same, the participant's participation date will then be the criterion. And, if the participant's participation date is the same, the final winner will be drawn at random by computer.
4. Domeo Points will be distributed to those active residential customer who linked with CLP account and Domeo account only.
5. Pursuant to the provisions of the relevant prize’s Terms and Conditions
6. All prizes are not transferable for sales, refundable or exchangeable for cash, and/or substitution of other promotion offer/gift.
7. Prizes will be determined subject to the stock availability. Awardees must not choose or object.
8. The CLP account has been moved out will not be eligible for gifts.
9. CLP POWER has no responsibility for the obligations and services provided by the business partners. Any dispute concerning the award quality service or value must be directly resolved between the awardees and the business partners.
10. Any participant who intentionally conducts any unlawful or improper behaviour to harm the justice and fairness of the programme and who uses any program to defraud will be automatically disqualified. CLP POWER reserves all legal rights to claim reparation or other compensation from the participants.
1. If you want to apply to become a beneficiary, the applicant must be fulfilled the eligibility for one of the following categories:
A. living in a subdivided unit* in adverse conditions《*2016 Population By-census - Thematic Report : Persons Living in Subdivided Units》,
B. the subdivided unit located in a building within CLP electricity supply,
C. no individual CLP electricity account created for the subdivided unit.
The beneficiary of all categories must be a Hong Kong resident for not less than one year; and have resided in Hong Kong for at least one year since acquiring the Hong Kong resident status. Those holding visas or recognizance forms issued by the Immigration Department are not eligible subsidy programme.
2. Individual application(s) is /are not accepted under Power Connect Program. And all applicant must be nominated by the Power Connect partnered Non-Government Organization (“NGO”) within the application period.
3. CLP Power Hong Kong Ltd. (“CLP Power”) does not require the beneficiaries to provide their personal data, and all data is provided voluntarily to NGO. However, CLP Power may not be able to process the application if any of the following beneficiary’s information is missing:
And all beneficiary must read the NGO’s “Personal Information Collection Statement”.
4. CLP Power and relevant NGOs have the right to conduct comprehensive checking of relative information provided by the applicant. And should ensure all information submitted are true, complete and accurate. Applicants agree to authorize the NGO to disclose relative information to CLP Power for handling the application.
5. CLP Power will deposit the subsidy to the CLP electricity account number (category 1-3) or bank account (category 4) provided in the application. Beneficiary understands and agree that CLP Power shall not be responsible for any agreement made between the beneficiary and any third party.
6. If the beneficiary needs to change the submitted personal information (include: Application category, HKID, supporting document or number, CLP electricity account number or registered name, bank account number or bank account holder name) before the subsidy is released. Beneficiary MUST IMMEDIATELY INFORM the responsible NGO. The original application will then be cancelled, and the beneficiary needs to resubmit a new application. Otherwise, the subsidy may not be issued due to incorrect information. In this circumstance, the relevant subsidy shall not be re-issued.
7. CLP Power may conduct a site visit to the residential address provided within 12 months after the application approved.
8. If the beneficiary knowingly or wilfully makes any false statement or conceal any fact, or makes any duplicate application, CLP Power have the right to cancel the application of that beneficiary and all non-issued subsidy. The disbursed subsidy will be fully recovered through the CLP electricity account or returned to the issued subsidy by the beneficiary. The beneficiary will also be liable for the relevant legal liabilities.
9. If CLP Power is not capable of running as planned for reasons including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other causes beyond the control of CLP Power, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this programme, CLP Power reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
10. All application must be reviewed by CLP Power. Even if the application is submitted there may not be subsidized due to the quota full.
11. The application may be rejected if this application fails to fulfil the requirements of this programme.
12. The beneficiary must be a residential customer living within the supply area of CLP Power. ONLY ONE application will be accepted from the same CLP electricity account number. If the beneficiary owns more than one CLP electricity account or more than one application submitted with the same address, it would only act as ONE application. Member in the same family can only apply once in each programme year, duplicated application will be rejected.
13. The quota allocation of application of categories 1-3 will be affected by the following conditions:
(Past years application results will affect the ranking of application in this year. As such, CLP and NGOs may check the application history of the applicants for follow-up and assessment.)
14 The English version of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail in case of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions.
15. CLP Power reserves the absolute right to approve or decline any application under Power Connect Programme, and reserves the right to conduct any adjustment on terms and conditions any notifications.
1. Started from 1st April 2021, each account can only be credited up to 500 Domeo Points per day.
2. During the promotion period from 1st January to 30th June 2023, customers can earn 500 Domeo Points for every single purchase of HK$50 or above from designated social enterprises collaborated with Power Connect.
3. During the promotion period from 1st January to 30th June 2023, customers can get a maximum of 2,500 Domeo Points per month^.
4. The Domeo points will be credited to domeo account only.
5. Please keep the receipt until the Eco Points has been credited to your account.
6. The Domeo Points will be added to the customer’s account on or before 5 working days of the coming month. If the Domeo Points are still not yet to be credited to your account, customers may contact us via email [email protected] within 2 months after you purchased the product(s) or service(s).
7. Only CLP Power Connect Community are eligible to join this activity, CLP customers who join this activity will automatically join Power Connect Programme (Details please refer to the terms and conditions of Power Connect).
8. CLP shall not be responsible for any matters or disputes relating to the offers provided by the social enterprise.
9. The English version of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail in case of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions.
10. In case of disputes, the decision of CLP Power and the partnered social enterprise shall be final and conclusive.
11. CLP and the collaborative Social Enterprise reserve the right to modify, to suspend or to cancel any of the above offers and their terms and conditions at any time without prior notification.
^With a month as a period, taking each month as a period means the first day of each month and the last day of the month as the deadline, i.e. 1st December to 31st December.